Child Protection Policy
Click to download full document: Child Protection Policy
Every child or young person has the right to be safe and protected from any avoidable situation or acts which might result in that child:
- Being physically, sexually or emotionally harmed in any way.
- Put at risk of physical, sexual or emotional harm, abuse or exploitation.
- Having their basic needs neglected or experiencing that their needs are met in ways that are not appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Being denied the sustained support and care necessary for them to thrive and develop normally.
- Being denied access to appropriate medical treatment.
- Being exposed to demands and expectations which are inappropriate to their age and stage of development.
Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014